Frequently Asked Questions
Problems Registering in the Member Area
If you are having a problem registering when you attempt to enter your serial number, it is likely to be one of the following issues:
Nothing happens when I enter my serial number
Sometimes the page does not update immediately. If you enter your serial number, the box disappears, and you do not get an error message of any kind, then you have probably registered successfully.
To get the serial number to appear and access your downloads, try:
- Refreshing the page
- Logging out and back in again
Serial number already registered
Serial numbers can only be registered under one account. If you get an error message saying that the serial number has already been registered, then you may already have an account under a different email address.
If you cannot find your other account, or do not think you have one, then please contact us and we will look up the details for you.
The serial you entered is not valid
The usual reason is that you are entering a non-ArtRage serial number (e.g. a Wacom Software Download Code), or have a made a mistake in one or more of the digits.
If you never receive a confirmation email on sign up
You will not be able to log back into your member area account until you have confirmed that you own the email address that you used to register with. You can do this by clicking the link in the confirmation email that we send you.
Sometimes the confirmation email is blocked by a spam filter and automatically deleted. Hotmail accounts are the most likely to have a problem.
The other usual reason is that there is a mistake in the email address that you entered and the email is being sent to the wrong address.
If you never receive the link to confirm your registration, contact us and we can approve your account for you.
My Password is incorrect for the Artrage Member Area
Please double check that you have typed your password correctly.
Passwords are case sensitive, ensure your ‘Caps Lock’ key on the keyboard isn’t on.
Ensure that your login email address is also correct and the one you originally signed up on. If you have changed to using a new email account, you will still need to login via the old one first, then update your email details inside.
From the Member’s Area, you can reset your password via the Lost Password. Here you will need to provide your email address, which you originally signed up with. Instructions on how to reset your password will be emailed to your registered email address within a few minutes. Check the Junk Folder of your email inbox, if you haven’t received it. You will need to follow the email’s reset link and change the password after verification.
If you have problems with the reset link, then the most likely reasons that the link does not work are:
- It is not the most recent link (if you have tried more than once, make sure you have the most recent email)
- The email or browser is cutting off the last part of the link. Try copying and pasting the entire thing into your address bar (make sure it ends in your email address).
If you still get the error message and can not complete the above steps, please contact us via the ArtRage Members Support, let us know the email address of the account you were using to log in.
What do I get if I register my copy of ArtRage?
We highly recommend that you register your ArtRage serial number in the member area, because it allows you to:
- Download the latest version of your software whenever you need it (including when you need to update)
- Download the different installers for Mac OS X and Windows
- Keep a record of your serial number in a secure place in case you lose your details
- Access upgrade discounts to the latest edition
If you are having problems registering, see:
How do I login to the Member Area?
To login to the Member Area, you will need to have registered. To register with the Member Area:
- Go to the ArtRage Member Area or by clicking ‘Member Area’ from the ‘Community’ dropdown navigation bar on the ArtRage website.
- Click the ‘Create Account’ button and follow the instructions.
- When you have finished, the website will send you an email. Click the link in the email to confirm your registration.
You only need to do this once. Once you have registered, you can log in to the Member Area by entering your email address and the password you chose when you registered on the main page of the Member Area, and clicking the ‘Login’ button.
Please Note: Purchasing ArtRage does not automatically create a Member Area account for you. You will need to register manually if you wish to use the Member Area.
How do I register my copy of ArtRage?
To register a copy of ArtRage to your user account:
- Log in to the Member Area using your account details.
- How do I find out what my serial number is?
Note: Member Area accounts are not created automatically when you purchase the product, if the member area tells you there is no account with your email address, please create one.
- Click the ‘register’ button next to ‘add new product’ and enter your ArtRage serial number / registration key.
- Refresh the page if nothing appears to change.
- You should now see it listed with a download button beneath which you can click to download any of the latest versions.
- If you want to upgrade to our most recent edition, you will see an “Upgrade to ArtRage 4” button. This will take you to our online store with a 50% discount applied.
If you do not know your serial number
Follow the steps here: How do I find out what my serial number is?