Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find ArtRage Studio Pro 4 or ArtRage Pro?
You can’t, it doesn’t exist!
Or rather, that product name doesn’t exist. When we first released ArtRage 3, it was split into casual and professional editions. We had to differentiate them, so we gave them slightly different names: Studio and Studio Pro.
However, we decided this was too confusing for users, so we merged the two editions when we brought out ArtRage 4, and dropped the “Studio” part entirely.
So the latest edition is only called ArtRage 4.
If you see someone selling ArtRage Studio Pro 4, then they are probably not selling ArtRage 4. They are usually selling an older version of ArtRage 3 and are almost definitely not a legitimate seller.
Copy over ArtRage 3 Custom Resources
ArtRage 4 places custom resources in a different location to previous versions of ArtRage. This means that when you first start it, any custom resources you have created such as Presets, Stencils, Stickers etc. will not be available in the new product.
There is a shortcut built in to ArtRage 4 to help migrate resources over to the new product. Because these custom content items are all files on disk, they are easy to copy over. Here’s how you do it…
Copying Custom Resources From ArtRage 3:
- Open up ArtRage 4.
- In the Tools Menu locate the ‘User Content’ menu.
- At the top of the User Content menu is ‘Open User Content Folder…’ Select that menu item. This opens up the User Content folder for ArtRage 4. This folder is called ‘Custom Content’.
- Leave that folder open and return to ArtRage.
- Return to the Tools menu and locate the User Content menu again. This time, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and select ‘Open User Content Folder…’ This opens up the User Content folder on your computer from ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro. This folder is called ‘Resources’.
- Copy all of the folders from the old ArtRage Studio / ArtRage Studio Pro ‘Resources’ folder to the new ‘Custom Content’ folder.
- Restart ArtRage 4.
If nothing happens when you do step 5, the folder didn’t exist so you have no user content to copy over.
You have now copied all of the custom content you installed or created in ArtRage 3 to your ArtRage 4 installation.
I have a previous version of ArtRage, do I get a discount if upgrading
Owners of previous versions of ArtRage including ArtRage 2, ArtRage Studio, Studio Pro, and ArtRage 4 are eligible for a discount on upgrading to the latest version of ArtRage.
For more information, see ArtRage Upgrades.