Copy over ArtRage 3 Custom Resources
ArtRage 4 places custom resources in a different location to previous versions of ArtRage. This means that when you first start it, any custom resources you have created such as Presets, Stencils, Stickers etc. will not be available in the new product.
There is a shortcut built in to ArtRage 4 to help migrate resources over to the new product. Because these custom content items are all files on disk, they are easy to copy over. Here’s how you do it…
Copying Custom Resources From ArtRage 3:
- Open up ArtRage 4.
- In the Tools Menu locate the ‘User Content’ menu.
- At the top of the User Content menu is ‘Open User Content Folder…’ Select that menu item. This opens up the User Content folder for ArtRage 4. This folder is called ‘Custom Content’.
- Leave that folder open and return to ArtRage.
- Return to the Tools menu and locate the User Content menu again. This time, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and select ‘Open User Content Folder…’ This opens up the User Content folder on your computer from ArtRage Studio or ArtRage Studio Pro. This folder is called ‘Resources’.
- Copy all of the folders from the old ArtRage Studio / ArtRage Studio Pro ‘Resources’ folder to the new ‘Custom Content’ folder.
- Restart ArtRage 4.
If nothing happens when you do step 5, the folder didn’t exist so you have no user content to copy over.
You have now copied all of the custom content you installed or created in ArtRage 3 to your ArtRage 4 installation.