Launching ArtRage as a standalone program
If you bought ArtRage through Steam and would like to run it without opening Steam, then you are able to do this by browsing directly to the ArtRage program file.
ArtRage does not use DRM and does not need an active internet connection.
To use ArtRage with the Steam client closed all you need to do is locate the application on disk and launch it directly.
To locate the ArtRage file
- Locate ArtRage in the Library (under ‘All Software’; ‘All Games’ is selected by default and it’s not listed there).
- Right click and select Properties, then select the Local Files tab.
- On the Local Files page, click Browse Local Files. This opens up the folder ArtRage is in. You can now close Steam.
- Double click the ArtRage.exe file and the app will launch.
- To run ArtRage without Steam every time, create a shortcut to this file from the folder.
- Do not make a shortcut using the Steam option to create a desktop shortcut – That shortcut will launch Steam when you use it.
- The first time you launch the product you will be asked to enter your serial number, subsequent launches should not require this.
Note: Earlier versions of ArtRage Studio Pro on Steam used DRM. It was removed in later updates.