How do I reduce the amount of memory my paintings use while painting?
ArtRage is a very memory intensive program, due to the number of calculations involved in creating realistic paint, and the many options you can turn on while painting. If you find that ArtRage is slowing down significantly at larger sizes, there are a few things you can do to free up memory and speed up the painting process.
- Paint at a smaller canvas size
- Reduce the number of layers (for example, by merging layers once you have finished with them)
- Remove unused References, Scraps, Tracing images
- Use smaller files for the References and Tracing images
- Avoid memory intensive tools, such as Transform and the largest sizes of certain tools (Soft Blend palette knife, Watercolors).