Serial number asked for every launch
Some Windows users have reported that every time they start ArtRage they are prompted to enter their Serial Number. This problem indicates that the application is not being given permission by the operating system to store the serial number in the Registry after it is entered.
To solve the problem, you need to launch ArtRage ‘as Administrator’ once and enter the Serial Number, this allows the application to store the number and it won’t ask for it again when you launch it normally.
How you do this depends on the version of Windows you are using:
To launch ArtRage as Administrator:
- Locate the ArtRage executable file ( ArtRage.exe , ArtRage Studio Pro.exe or ArtRage Studio.exe). This is generally found in c:\Program Files (x86)\Ambient Design\.
- Right click the .exe file and choose to Open as Administrator (the exact wording varies depending on your version of Windows).
- ArtRage will now launch and ask for your Serial Number. Enter it and click OK.
- Quit ArtRage and launch it normally. It should start without asking for your serial.
Note that the “Before Windows 8” instructions may work on Windows 8 if you are using Desktop Mode to right click on the ArtRage executable. If you are using the ‘Metro’ screen however, you will need to follow these instructions:
- Open the Start screen (press the Windows button on the device, or your keyboard).
- Start typing ‘ArtRage’ on the start screen to search for it.
- When it appears, right click on the application and look for the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Click on Advanced then select the Run as Administrator option.
If you still have problems: Please contact us via the Support Page for assistance. When you contact us, let us know that you tried these steps, and which version of Windows you are using.