Frequently Asked Questions
Windows and macOS
After you complete your purchase of ArtRage from our online store, you should see download links displayed for Windows and OS X. Click the download link for your operating system to download the ArtRage installer. The online store also sends you an email with your serial number and download links for ArtRage.
If you no longer have the email from the online store, or their download link has expired, you can also download ArtRage from our Member Area once you’ve created a Member Area account and registered your ArtRage serial number.
If you are unsure or need help, please contact us! We’ll be happy to help track down your purchase and help you to download your software again.
Android and iOS
After purchasing the mobile version of ArtRage from the Google Play store or iOS App Store, you can download the app right away from that store.
How to install an earlier version of ArtRage for iOS that is compatible with an older iPad 3 or other iOS device
If you are still using an older iOS version that is not supported by the latest update to the iOS app then you can still use the older versions of the app. To get the App Store to let you install an older version, you must already have the app listed as a download in your purchase history.
To install an older version for the first time try the following steps:
- Install the app on a compatible device or iTunes on the desktop first. it will then be automatically available to your older devices.
- Access the app from the ‘Purchased’ section of the App Store on your older device.
This should only affect users who are purchasing the app for the first time or are trying to reinstall after uninstalling the app. Anyone who already has ArtRage installed should not be affected by future updates. We do not remove older versions of ArtRage, so if you are still unable to install our app, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance or see their official FAQ.
What version of ArtRage am I using?
To check what version of ArtRage you have, go to the Help panel and choose the ‘About ArtRage’ option (shortcut CTRL+1). A pop up panel about ArtRage will appear. It will have the version number somewhere on the panel.
- ArtRage 4 – Bottom right in small letters
- ArtRage Studio / Studio Pro – Top right
- ArtRage 2 – Second box from the bottom
All Versions Purchased on Steam
If you’ve purchased ArtRage Studio Pro or Artrage 4 via the Steam store, when you launch the Steam client it should automatically download the latest update.
iPhone / iPad
ArtRage on the iPhone or iPad can be updated in the same manner as any application purchased from Apple’s App Store. Launch the App Store and use the update feature to download the latest version of ArtRage.
Can’t install or run ArtRage Touch from the Windows App Store
If you are having problems installing or accessing ArtRage Touch, this is usually due to a licence or connection problem between your computer and the Windows App Store. Unfortunately, we can’t help directly with most of these issues, but there are a few steps that we can suggest to fix this.
- Check that your device is connected to the internet properly.
- If you are connecting through a proxy or have an antivirus program active, it may interfere with the connection. Try disabling it and attempting to install or run ArtRage Touch again.
Clear the Windows Store Cache
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
- Enter run in the search box, and then tap or click Run.
- Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click OK.
Sync app licenses
If a license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on your PC, the app might not work. To sync your app licenses, follow these steps:
- On the Start screen, tap or click Store to open the Windows Store.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings. (If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.)
- Tap or click App updates.
- Tap or click Sync licenses.
Run the Microsoft App Troubleshooter
The Microsoft App Troubleshooter is a small program that should automatically fix most common issues with the app, store or your account.
If you cannot find ArtRage when searching Samsung Apps on your device, this is because you are using an out of date version of the App store.
To Fix This:
- Update Samsung Apps to GALAXY Apps
- Restart your device
- ArtRage should then appear in the store
What do I get if I register my copy of ArtRage?
We highly recommend that you register your ArtRage serial number in the member area, because it allows you to:
- Download the latest version of your software whenever you need it (including when you need to update)
- Download the different installers for Mac OS X and Windows
- Keep a record of your serial number in a secure place in case you lose your details
- Access upgrade discounts to the latest edition
If you are having problems registering, see: