Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re seeing strange crashes in Windows 10 when you zoom, rotate, or interact with menus (or other random movements of your stylus or touch gestures) then the culprit is probably Press & Hold for Right Click. This is a tablet and touch input setting that can conflict with tablet drivers and software in strange ways.
- Go to your Control Panel > Pen and Touch > Change touch input settings
- Disable or enable ‘press and hold’ (whichever it currently is, change it)
This feature has also caused strange zooming or ‘right clicking’ behaviour with older Wacom drivers and previous versions of Windows.
If you are using ArtRage 3 Studio/Studio Pro and are seeing crashes, this might be due to an incompatible feature that you can disable: ArtRage memory crashes on Windows 10
The iOS editions of ArtRage are compatible with multitouch swipe and tap gestures
iPhone and iPad Gestures
Three finger zoom can be turned off in the Settings App by going to Accessibility > Zoom
- Tap and Hold : Color picker (This is turned off by default on the iPad. Turn on again via Settings > ArtRage > Tap and Hold Color Sampler)
- Two Finger Drag: move
- Two Finger Pinch/push: zoom in or out
- Two Finger Tap: reset to original zoom
- Three Finger Swipe up/down: tool size increase/decrease
- Three Finger Swipe left/right: undo/redo
- Triple Finger Tap: hide/show menu bar
iPad Only Shortcuts
- Hold and drag on the selected Tool icon to quickly select a new tool (when the tool menu is hidden)
- Tap and drag on Color Pod stores current color sample
- Tap and hold opens Color Picker menu
iPhone Only Shortcuts
- Tap on background to set color
- Hold and drag on the Tool or Color icons to quickly select from the menu options without interrupting your workflow
You can purchase and download the iPhone and iPad apps through the iTunes App Store.