Painting and Drawing Tutorials for ArtRageFind below a collection of art tutorials to help beginners just starting off as well as professionals brushing up on their skills. Remember that learning to paint will take some time, resources, and a lot of practice. This is where ArtRage comes into play and can help you out. You have an endless number of art canvas, pencils, oils, paints and other resource tools at your fingertips, plus multiple layers and an undo button. Don’t be afraid to try new things, experiment and discover, as there’s no fear of messing up your masterpieces! Simply enjoy playing around and discovering new features, have fun while you learn.
How To GuidesVisit the official online manual for technical tips and guides to the tools.ArtRage 5 Online Manual (for new features in ArtRage 5)How To Guides (for tips on getting various effects like straight lines, color editing, texture, adding borders, getting started with animation, and more!).
Tutorials on ArtRage.comBrowse all tutorials Get tips from the Featured Artists Read the official ArtRage Manuals here
Recent Tutorial Posts
The folks at Avant-Novis have been making maps and taking videos! Check out a series of tutorials on how to paint fantasy maps using …
Professional illustrator and fine artist Jim Pavelec walks us through the process of creating a commissioned fantasy portrait using his unique mixed media approach …
Getting Traditional Watercolor Effects with ArtRage: iPad Artist Randel Washburne explains the different settings for the Watercolor tool and techniques for getting washes and …
Learn how to paint a simple expressive landscape using the oils and palette knife in ArtRage for iOS with Alison Jardine, the author of …
Learn to create an underground landscape with a science fiction twist. Follow along with professional illustrator Steve Goad as he creates a unique landscape …
How to Illustrate a Book Cover (Part 3 of 3): Colour & Special Effects. An ArtRage 5 tutorial by Nick Harris. Design a book …
How to Illustrate a Book Cover (Part 2 of 3): Sketching, Flats and Shading (Tone). An ArtRage 5 tutorial by Nick Harris. Part two …
How to Illustrate a Book Cover (Part 1 of 3). An ArtRage 5 tutorial by Nick Harris. In this three part tutorial, Nick Harris uses …
Learn how to Draw and Color in ArtRage Lite (Simple Line Art). Create a simple illustration from sketch to color. This video tutorial covers …
ArtRage 5Tutorials for other editions will also apply to ArtRage 5, but ArtRage 5 tutorials include features not found in earlier editions.Designing a Clumpy Wool Custom Brush with Sav ScatolaMaking a Shield Boss: Painting Realistic Metal with Sav ScatolaStep by Step Coloring A Cat With Pastels with Ramona MacDonald
ArtRage Lite and ArtRage 4
Beginner TutorialsStart finding your way around ArtRage!How To Start Using ArtRage Lite Introduction to ArtRage 4: Tutorials from the Theatre ProfessorOil Painting Tutorial: Foot StudyArtRage Lite Video Tutorials with German SubtitlesChristmas Decoration Presets in ArtRage Oil Paint Settings Ink Pen Settings
Intermediate TutorialsIntermediate tutorials assume you know how to find the painting tools and understand the basics of ArtRage.ArtRage 4 & 4.5 Features: Tutorials from Abba Studios How to choose a Canvas Size in ArtRage Tool Settings for Realistic Inking in ArtRage Coloring A Fish With Felt Pen in ArtRage 4 Manga Art Tutorial by Sour Candy Arts Drawing Manga in ArtRage: Tools & CanvasDrawing Manga in ArtRage: Sketching and InkingDrawing Manga in ArtRage: ColoringSticker Sprays 1: Creating A Custom StickerSticker Sprays 2: Sticker Spray Settings Setting Up Custom Color Palettes Drawing with Charcoal in ArtRage 4
Advanced TutorialsAdvanced tutorials show you complicated techniques or give you drawing advice that assumes you know how to use ArtRage already.Into The Stars Watercolour Tutorial by SomeoneSane Photorealism Tutorial by Vic Shelley Greek Archway Watercolor Tutorial in ArtRage 4 How to Paint Realistic Watercolors by Stephen Berry (Videos) Sticker Sprays 3: Create Multicolored Effects! Painting Realistic Portraits: Amber Benson Portrait With Paul Hinch-Worman
ArtRage for iPad
Beginner Video CoursesOils in ArtRage for iPad with Raheem Nelson ArtRage iPad Video Tutorials – Theatre Professor
Advanced TipsHow To Increase Painting Sizes for PrintingHow to back up a large iPad gallery of paintings
External Websites: Tutorial Links & DownloadsPlease Note: Some of these links lead to external sites. Ambient Design is not responsible for the content of those sites. Some tutorials come in PDF format, you will need a PDF viewer to use them. If you do not have one, you can download: Adobe Reader
Official ArtRage Tutorials on Other SitesThe Ambient Design team curate resources, answer questions and post tips across a variety of websites. Sometimes we crosspost the same tutorial to multiple sites, but here are some good places to start browsing!
ArtRage 4 Tutorials
ArtRage Tutorials and Demonstrations by SomeoneSaneA comprehensive collection of tutorials for all desktop editions of ArtRage, covering basic features and advanced tips on YouTube.com.
Digital Drawing and Painting by Daniel IbanezA range of tutorials and lesson plans in different formats showing you how to use ArtRage and create paintings on bulbapp.com
Digital Art Creation for Beginners Using ArtRage by Joel BowersA tutorial series aimed at absolute beginners to ArtRage 4, showing you how to set up the canvas and create a stained glass effect. Requires signing up to SkillShare.com, but the course is free.
Artrage Paintovers Tutorial by Sophie BaerStep by step tutorial for using various effects to turn a photograph into an oil painting in any version of ArtRage on Tumblr.com
Subscription (Paid) CoursesThese courses require you to be a member of the tutorial website. You can often try a free demo for limited access to the ArtRage tutorials, and a membership will also give you access to a wide range of other tutorials. We are not affiliated with the websites, but the artists who created the tutorials are experienced ArtRage users.
Up and Running with ArtRage by Gaeton Laprade (SomeoneSane in the forums)A thorough introduction to ArtRage 4 for beginners on Lynda.com
- Setting up ArtRage to fit your painting style
- Creating a new painting
- Choosing colors
- Painting with oil, watercolors, and the airbrush
- Sketching and drawing with dry media
- Daubing and pouring paint
- Masking areas of a painting
- Writing with the Text tool
- Recording and playing drawings with ArtRage scripts
Introduction to ArtRage by Victor OsakaAn introductory series aimed at CG artists, rather than general painters at Digital-Tutors.com (Pluralsight)
Replicating Materials and Textures in ArtRage by Victor OsakaAn introductory series aimed at CG artists, rather than general painters, at Digital-Tutors.com (Pluralsight)
Painting a Portrait in ArtRage by Victor OsakaA detailed walk-through of creating a realistic portrait from a reference image Digital-Tutors.com (Pluralsight)
Note: 2.0 or 1.6?We brought out a major update for ArtRage for iPad in late 2015. The 2.0 update added new features, improved the performance and changed the way the gallery looks and works. It also changed the appearance of some of the tools and menus and moved a few features.Tutorials showing the features of version 1.6 will still apply to version 2.0 – all the tools still work the same way – but some things will look different, and there will be additional features in 2.0.If you are using OS7 or earlier, you will still be using version 1.6. If you are using iOS8 or later, then download the latest version from the App Store to update.Read the ArtRage for iPad online manual here
Multilingual (Non-English) TutorialsSee our YouTube channel for links to more ArtRage tutorials in different languages.
- Deutsch (German) Tutorials
- Español (Spanish) Tutorials
- Français (French) Tutorials
- עברית (Hebrew) Tutorials
- Português (Portugese) Tutorials
- Русский (Russian) Tutorials
- www.art-draw1.com – Drawing videos and tutorials in Arabic
ArtRage 4Les Tutos de Ze Noon Video Tutorials
- ArtRage 4 #1 : Généralités et interface(s)
- ArtRage 4 #2 : Paramètres de document et fond
- ArtRage 4 #3 : Causons crayons
- ArtRage 4 #4 : Transformation !
- ArtRage 4 #5 : Encrage sauvage
- ArtRage 4 #6 : Avoir du pot
- ArtRage 4 #7 : “Mets de l’huile !”
- ArtRage 4 #8 : Soyons select
- ArtRage 4 #9 : Tampon et autres joyeusetés
- ArtRage 4 #10 : Top modèle
- ArtRage 4 #11 : Pipette et poils19:32
- ArtRage 4 #12 : Tout en nuances !
- ArtRage 4 #13 : Fuuuuusion !
- ArtRage 4 #14 : De la pratique
- TUTO // Peindre un train avec Artrage Utilisez Artrage pour créer une peinture à partir d’un dessin traditionnel. Advanced Creation
- Créer une image avec Artrage Le processus de création d’une image sous Artrage de A à Z.
ArtRage 3 (Studio & Studio Pro)CGNAUTA Blog
- Art Rage 3 Studio Pro : Introducción
- ArtRage 3 Studio Pro: La interfaz
- ArtRage: Ocultar ventanas y menues
- ArtRage: Cambiar el color del Fondo
- ArtRage Studio Pro (Guia completa): Modos de mezcla de relieve en capas/layers
- ArtRage: Ocultar ventanas y menues
- ArtRage Studio Pro (Guia completa): Modos de fusión (Blend Mode)
ArtRage 2CGNAUTA Blog
- Introducción a ArtRage – Guia básica
- Uso de Stencil o mascarillas en ArtRage 2.5
- Escalar, mover y rotar objetos en capas de ArtRage 2.5
- Exportar e Importar JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF y PSD en ArtRage 2.5
- ARTRAGEで絵を描こう – various tutorials on Tumblr
ArtRage for iPad
- iPad の ArtRage で描いた絵を WordPress.com にいい感じに貼る方法 (How to export transparent images to Dropbox and WordPress)
- iPadで水彩画 ArtRageV2ガイドブック [Kindle版] (iPad de Suisaiga ArtRageV2 Watercolors iPad Kindle Book) by Okuma Isao on Amazon