Painting and Drawing Tutorials for ArtRage
Series of ArtRage for iPad Video Tutorials
We’re delighted to share a series of video tutorials for the ArtRage for iPad app explaining the various …
ArtRage 4 Video Tutorial Series by The Theatre Professor
If you are new to digital painting, need help with some a particular feature, or simply …
Art Video Tutorials Showing Exclusive ArtRage 4 Features From Abba Studios
Abba Studios has created a collection of short videos focusing on specific technical features …
A tutorial series from Stephen Berry explaining how he achieves realistic watercolour effects in ArtRage.
This is a series of videos explaining how to paint …
How to paint a night sky using watercolours in ArtRage
“Into The Stars Watercolour Tutorial” by SomeoneSane
An ArtRage artist in the forums recently started a …
How to Create A Custom Sticker in ArtRage
Did you know that you can create custom brushes?
The ArtRage Sticker Spray feature is an extremely …
How To Create A Realistic Charcoal Drawing in ArtRage 4 Using Traditional Techniques
This tutorial shows you how to sketch out a charcoal-style portrait in …
How To Use The Sticker Spray Settings in ArtRage 4
A step by step guide to the settings for the Sticker Spray tool in ArtRage …
Art Tutorial for using the Sticker Sprays: Use random hue to create multicolored sticker sprays. This tutorial applies to users of ArtRage 3 Studio …
External Tutorial Links & Downloads
Please Note: Some of these links lead to external sites. Ambient Design is not responsible for the content of those sites. Some tutorials come in PDF format, you will need a PDF viewer to use them. If you do not have one, you can download: Adobe Reader
These tutorials work with all current versions of ArtRage, though some of the interface items may be slightly different.
Fantasy artist Nick Harris reveals how to create atmospheric rooftops in ArtRage in ArtRage Studio Pro, in this tutorial for ImagineFX.
Steve Berry (forum user Steve B) shows you how can use the tools in ArtRage to produce realistic Watercolor effects in this video tutorial series. You can also visit the forum thread: Video Series – How to Paint With Watercolors in Artrage.
Caricaturist Hans Deconinck takes you through the process of creating a caricature in ArtRage Studio Pro, from photo to completion, and shows off a number of techniques you can use in all your paintings. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
Caricaturist Hans Deconinck demonstrates techniques he used in ArtRage Studio Pro to create a caricature of Lou Reed. See how effects and tools can work together to create a range of natural effects. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
See how you can use a range of techniques for blending photos together and adding effects with the tools in ArtRage Studio Pro, turning a peaceful town scene in to a raging storm. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
Experiment with a combination of text, blend modes and the Fill Tool in ArtRage Studio Pro to create interesting entangled effects. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
Take a look at the effects you can gain from each of the blending modes in ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro. Each mode is illustrated one by one with samples and explanations of what you can expect. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
See how you can use the Inking Pen, Paint Roller, and Blur Filter in ArtRage Studio Pro to create simple filled cartoons. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
See how you can use selections and layers in ArtRage Studio and Studio Pro to create vector like cutout effects. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
A set of 11 tutorials by forum user Sweedie (Artist Henry Stahle). Sweedie’s tutorials introduce you to a wide range of the features of ArtRage and teaches you techniques that can be used to create everything from oil paintings and stenciled illustrations through to pencil sketches and realistic textures. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
Artist Andrea Bianco’s tutorial on speed painting in ArtRage covers a wide range of features in the current versions, with a focus on speed painting. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
Artist Andrea Bianco’s tutorial on thumbnail sketch rendering using ArtRage is filled with useful tips for using the marker tool. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
Artist Henry Stahle demonstrates painting an apple in ArtRage using a range of tools and techniques. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
These tutorials are for versions of ArtRage 2 only and may contain references to tools or functions that are not available in the ArtRage 2 Starter Edition.
An animated tutorial in which Hans Deconinck shows off some of the features of ArtRage 2 and steps you through creating a cartoon face. This tutorial requires a Flash player for your web browser.
A quick start tutorial that gets you right in to the basic features of ArtRage such as painting, and using tracing images and layers to create a of a rose. Downloadable file in zip format including a .ptg file. This tutorial requires a PDF viewer.
ArtRage user Judith Tramayne takes you on a step by step tour through ArtRage with this series of videos that shows what pretty much everything in the application does and what you can expect to find as you paint. This is a particularly great guide if you’re new to the product and are a bit nervous about getting started! This tutorial requires a Flash player for your web browser.
See our YouTube channel for links to ArtRage tutorials in different languages.
- Deutsch (German) Tutorials
- Español (Spanish) Tutorials
- Français (French) Tutorials
- עברית (Hebrew) Tutorials
- Português (Portugese) Tutorials
- Русский (Russian) Tutorials
- ArtRage 4 #1 : Généralités et interface(s)
- ArtRage 4 #2 : Paramètres de document et fond
- ArtRage 4 #3 : Causons crayons
- ArtRage 4 #4 : Transformation !
- ArtRage 4 #5 : Encrage sauvage
- ArtRage 4 #6 : Avoir du pot
- ArtRage 4 #7 : “Mets de l’huile !”
- ArtRage 4 #8 : Soyons select
- ArtRage 4 #9 : Tampon et autres joyeusetés
- ArtRage 4 #10 : Top modèle
- ArtRage 4 #11 : Pipette et poils19:32
- ArtRage 4 #12 : Tout en nuances !
- ArtRage 4 #13 : Fuuuuusion !
- ArtRage 4 #14 : De la pratique
ArtRage 3 (Studio & Studio Pro)
- Art Rage 3 Studio Pro : Introducción
- ArtRage 3 Studio Pro: La interfaz
- ArtRage 3 Studio Pro: Manejo de la interfaz
- ArtRage: Ocultar ventanas y menues
- ArtRage: Cambiar el color del Fondo
- ArtRage Studio Pro (Guia completa): Modos de mezcla de relieve en capas/layers
- ArtRage: Ocultar ventanas y menues
- ArtRage Studio Pro (Guia completa): Modos de fusión (Blend Mode)
- Introducción a ArtRage – Guia básica
- Uso de Stencil o mascarillas en ArtRage 2.5
- Escalar, mover y rotar objetos en capas de ArtRage 2.5
- Exportar e Importar JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF y PSD en ArtRage 2.5
Bahasa Indo (Indonesian )
Edo Abdullah Facebook
- Cara melukis seni abstrak di ArtRage dan mengedit di Photoshop
ArtRage for iPad
- iPad の ArtRage で描いた絵を WordPress.com にいい感じに貼る方法 (How to export transparent images to Dropbox and WordPress)
- iPadで水彩画 ArtRageV2ガイドブック [Kindle版] (iPad de Suisaiga ArtRageV2 Watercolors iPad Kindle Book) by Okuma Isao on Amazon
ArtRage Tutorials and Demonstrations by SomeoneSane
A comprehensive collection of tutorials for all desktop editions of ArtRage, covering basic features and advanced tips on YuoTube.com.
Step by step tutorial for creating psychedelic art (patterns, mandala, symmetrical designs) in ArtRage 4 on SkillShare.com
Subscription (Paid) Courses
These courses require you to be a member of the tutorial website. You can try a free demo for limited access to the ArtRage tutorials, and a membership will also give you access to a wide range of other tutorials. We are not affiliated with the websites, but the artists who created the tutorials are experienced ArtRage users.
Up and Running with ArtRage by Gaeton Laprade (SomeoneSane in the forums)
A thorough introduction to ArtRage 4 for beginners on Lynda.com
- Setting up ArtRage to fit your painting style
- Creating a new painting
- Choosing colors
- Painting with oil, watercolors, and the airbrush
- Sketching and drawing with dry media
- Daubing and pouring paint
- Masking areas of a painting
- Writing with the Text tool
- Recording and playing drawings with ArtRage scripts
Introduction to ArtRage by Victor Osaka
An introductory series aimed at CG artists, rather than general painters at Digital-Tutors.com (Pluralsight)
Replicating Materials and Textures in ArtRage by Victor Osaka
An introductory series aimed at CG artists, rather than general painters, at Digital-Tutors.com (Pluralsight)
Painting a Portrait in ArtRage by Victor Osaka
A detailed walk-through of creating a realistic portrait from a reference image Digital-Tutors.com (Pluralsight)